Manual of Style
To create a positive experience for every editor on the Boruto Wiki, the Boruto Wiki has a set of rules dictating the user behavior and content regulations that are allowed.
Note: Rules will be amended as the wiki builds itself up. In the future, the community will discuss editing and adding rules.
- The minimum age to edit with an account is 13 years of age.
- The wiki collects information pertaining to the Boruto franchise, and not the Naruto franchise as a whole. This includes the movie, manga, anime, and SD manga. No information exclusive to Naruto: Shippūden should be added to the wiki.
- Information exclusive to the Boruto anime should be specified as such.
- Articles should have substantial content on them. If there is little content, consider merging pages.
- References can be pulled from older sources, such as Databooks, and the original Naruto manga, if they help contextualize subjects pertaining to Boruto.
- Keep images high quality with little blurriness or pixilation.
- Images featuring explicit sexual conduct and extreme gore are not permitted on the wiki.
- Keep file names simple and on topic.
- In the case of the manga, images should be uploaded with no text in speech bubbles. If there is text outside of a speech bubble that would need to be redrawn, the raw (Japanese) version must be used.
- In the case of the anime, images should not have subtitles, watermarks, or editor credits.
- Proper naming should be used in the images (eg:Boruto Uzumaki Manga not
- We recommend a maximum limit of three GIF format images per article, in order to avoid frequent slowdowns.
- GIF format should only be used for a scene you can describe in words properly or an action scene
- While uploading a file, please do provide a rightful information of the file and its page.
- Description: optional field where users can provide information or observations on the image as well as its purpose.
- Licensing: please provide the right license for each image.
- Categorization: after you upload a file, add the appropriate categories by the button at the bottom. If you're not sure which category is appropriate for an image, search for similar ones. Images are usually categorized by the chapter/episode they come from, their format, the characters featured, etc.
- Treat other users with respect. Never use any discriminatory speech, such as slurs, whether it is directed towards someone or not.
- Do not vandalize pages.
- Do not add explicit sexual content or NSFW to articles, User Blogs, Comments, or Discussions.
- Do not excessively edit pages, as it clogs Recent Changes. It is highly discouraged.
- Do not undo and redo edits to pages. Doing so is considered fluff-editing.
- Do not impersonate wiki staff members or crew members.
- Listen to staff when you receive a warning.
Failure to comply with the above rules may result in a temporary ban. Repeated instances or ignored warnings will result in longer or permanent bans.