Commonly affiliated with the Tiger hand seal, Fire Release consists of mid to long-ranged offensive techniques that cause combustive and explosive damage. The art of having the flames obey the user's will is considered outrageously difficult. The chakra nature is common among shinobi of Konohagakure in the Land of Fire, notably within the Sarutobi Clan and Uchiha Clan, the latter having been noted to hold a natural affinity for it.
Amaterasu, a power only acquired through wielding the Mangekyō Sharingan, is stated to be the highest level Fire Release ninjutsu. This technique is composed of black flames (黒炎, Kokuen), produced by a specialised form of Fire Release that Sasuke Uchiha refers to as Blaze Release (炎遁, Enton, English TV: Inferno Style), utilised by him and his brother, Itachi Uchiha. As shown by Sasuke, it is possible to add shape transformation to the black flames using Blaze Release: Kagutsuchi, fashioning them into various weapons and defences. Aside from using Amaterasu, Sasuke can create these flames with his Susanoo as well as in his own palm. C stated that Sasuke manipulates the flames with his right Mangekyō Sharingan whereas he casts Amaterasu with his left. In the anime, Indra Ōtsutsuki can use Amaterasu with his left eye.
Relationship with other Natures
- Blaze Release is also strong against wind for the same reason, but is strong enough to overwhelm water by evaporating it. Some highly skilled Fire Release users can also create a Fire Release technique strong enough to overcome the Water Release of an average shinobi.
- Fire Release can be used in conjuction with Lightning Release to augment the latter by using the former to alter weather conditions with a sufficiently powerful technique.
- Additionally, it can be used with Wind Release to increase the strength of a fire technique and even overcome the superior element of water.
- In the anime, Fire Release was shown being used in conjuction with Earth Release.
- Fire-natured chakra is a component of the following kekkei genkai: Boil Release, Lava Release and Scorch Release.
- It is also a component of the kekkei tōta: Dust Release.
- Fire Release parallels the real-life ninja art "katon-no-jutsu". One example of real-life katon-no-jutsu is Hitsuke: the practice of distracting guards by starting a fire away from the ninja's planned point of entry.
|Basic||Lightning Release • Fire Release • Water Release • Earth Release • Wind Release|
|Others||Yin Release • Yang Release|