The Uzumaki clan (うずまき一族, Uzumaki Ichizoku) was a prominent clan in Uzushiogakure. They were distant blood relatives of the Senju clan and as such, both were on good terms; an alliance that extended onto their hidden villages — Konohagakure and Uzushiogakure. The shinobi of Konoha integrated Uzushiogakure's symbol onto their uniforms and flak jackets as well as on the shoulders of their uniforms as a sign of friendship and goodwill between the two villages, and continue to do so to this day, in memory of their friendship even years after Uzushiogakure's destruction. The remaining members of this clan currently reside in Uzushiogakure, and have influenced its restoration greatly.
- The name "Uzumaki" can either mean "whirlpool" or "maelstrom".
- Red hair was a common trait amongst Uzumaki clan members.
- Tsunade and Nawaki are descendants of the Uzumaki clan through their grandmother.
- Due to Naruto Uzumaki's marriage to Hinata Hyūga, his direct descendants have the potential to awaken the Byakugan.
- The anime character Honoka is hinted to be an Uzumaki, as she has red hair and fūinjutsu talents. A book found by Aoba in the same episode mentions finding a survivor of a "certain clan of ninja".
- Menma Namikaze, another Genjutsu World counterpart of Naruto Uzumaki, is a descendant of the Uzumaki clan by his mother.